Carolina is the Director of the WIN (Women Innovating Now) Lab Miami. Created by the Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership (CWEL) at Babson College, the WIN Lab is an eight-month accelerator program for women entrepreneurs who are ready to think big, be bold, and launch successful companies.
Prior to joining WIN Lab, Carolina was Director of Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management Miami Campus. In 2015 she founded Ignitus, a consulting practice that helps organizations implement social impact initiatives.
Originally from Venezuela, Carolina is an activist on important causes related to her home country, women's empowerment and equality. Carolina is a connector, an arts & culture enthusiast, and a philanthropist. She is a Trustee at the New World Symphony, a Host and Screening Committee Member for the Miami Film Festival and an advisor at the Lung Transplant Foundation.
Carolina holds a bachelor’s in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Florida International University, an MBA from Rice University’s Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Management and an Executive Scholars in Leadership & Management from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management.
NUGGETS OF WISDOM
- Show how you're able to apply your strengths across industries. Follow your curiosity.
- You always need to be able to take risks. When you get a little nervous about a role you need to be able to stretch yourself.
- Prepare - Do your homework, know your audience to identify common ground or connection.
- Who do you want to meet with? Or what type of people do you want to meet with and why?
- Have a specific goal: Have clarity and confidence in the idea that you're introducing. Why are you doing this? Why is it important?
- Listen more than you talk. Listen for common ground. Listen for a genuine connection for them as a person.
- Don't apologize -- cut phrases like "I'm just starting out" "I'm still learning"
- What are your interests outside of your work? It's okay to talk about that.
- Pro tip: Ask what are you looking for right now? Start by giving and not by taking. Add value to their world. Listen to how you can add value to the person.
- Follow up and connect.